Sunday 16 February 2014

Filming a Video...taking me back.

This past week in my ICT course, we were asked to create a short video on whatever we wanted. This little project sure took me back to my middle year's days, when we had an opportunity to use a video camera for the first time at school to create some sort of social studies or science project. I am talking about the days of putting VHS tapes into your camera...oh boy, those were the days! The excitement that came over me and my classmates was flying high when we had a chance to use technology for a school project. I hate to date myself, but when I was middle school their wasn't ipads, smart boards, or cell phones (except the Zack Morris cell phones...Google it if your too young). Nonetheless, we had a blast making short little documentaries on whatever it was, because it got us excited and engaged to the max about learning. Also, it got us away from the pencil and paper learning, which was the common theme at that time.

Having students explore new technology and create something educational with it for others to enjoy, is an awesome way to keep your students engaged. Students love to experiment with new computer programs that lets you mix text, pictures, sound, and motion. You never know, they could find a passion in life by being creative with technology introduced by you.

My last cooperating teacher this spring is a huge fan of using technology to teach, so I am looking forward to learning some tricks and letting the students try a few things I have learned in ICT.


“Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids working together and motivating them, the teacher is most important.” - Bill Gates

No comments:

Post a Comment