Sunday 2 February 2014

Hello Digital Storytelling...I have missed you!

This past week in ICT, Mike brought up the topic of digital storytelling and how it could be used in the classroom. For some of us ED students, we were introduced to this same topic last term, but I think this time around we are going to get a little more in depth and get a little better idea on how to use it in class. It was something that I really didn't know a whole lot about before last term, when we asked how to put such a thing together, we were told to "google it." So I did, and I learned just enough to put together a mediocre digital story using the book "Where the wild things are." It consisted of me taking pictures of the pages, making sure it zoomed in and out to make it look cooler, sort of, and then recorded my beautiful voice reading the story. It was quite a fantastic experience for myself.
 
Anyways, I am looking forward to learning different ways of creating a digital storytelling and producing a little one about myself. It is something that I would love to try in my last student teaching placement, and I know it would be something the students could have fun with. Believe it or not teenagers love to work with technology, so why not let them have some fun and show off their creative side by producing something cool they can show off to their classmates.

The link below, gives you a good introduction of how to use it in your classroom:

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great web site, thanks. Digital storytelling can be lots of things - I hope we have some fun exploring some of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have fond memories of digital storytelling from last semester and your final product final turned out a whole lot better than mine did I might add! The website you found actually looks pretty decent, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete