Monday 28 January 2013

My PLN & The Connected Student


When I was done creating my PLN, it came to my attention that I now have a few ways of connecting and sharing with others. Through the "Internet for Educators" course, I look forward to learning about more ways to connect and share, so I can build onto my PLN in the future. https://bubbl.us/

 
When I was done this part of the task, I realized that I am probably missing about 100 more ways that students connect that I don't know about. I will have to begin educating myself on the others, so I can be up to date with what all the students are using these days. If it can be a way to keep the students engaged, then why not take a look at what is out there and learn new ways to connect..

1 comment:

  1. I felt like I was missing many student connections as well. Then I realized that not every student will/does have the same PLN. Some students are less connected than others for a variety of reasons. Rural students may not have internet, some may not have the money for the tools, and some students come from a culture that discourages online connectedness. This is why I think it is important not to disregard the traditional face-to-face connections students have. They can still learn from those.
    It will be interesting to find out exactly how, and why, our students are connected and what their individual PLNs look like.

    ReplyDelete