Monday 11 February 2013

Twitter

I am definitely struggling with getting into twitter. I am glad that I have signed up, but I am finding hard to tweet, except for when I am trying to connect with friends. I see it being very useful in connecting with other educators and I look forward to using it in that way in the future...but for now I am struggling to get tweeting.

It's fun to read classmates tweets about something they put together or resources they have tried. Some of the people I follow send out 30 tweets a day, I can't even imagine doing that...I am just not that interesting. But those people are showing me how easy it is to share awesome resources, educational websites, and interesting blog posts.

I really hope to keep at twitter in the future, and keep following my fellow classmates as most of you are graduating soon, I would love to see if ya'll keep with twitter in your first years of teaching.

I promise to start tweeting more, the more followers I have, the more pressure on me to share something...also, remember to read my blog.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about twitter! I enjoy following people but I just can't get into tweeting. I noticed a few people who tweet around 30 tweets a day too, I just can't imagine myself doing that right now. I think the more comfortable I get with navigating the web the more I'll use it. Great Post Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly is not for everyone - but lurking is ok too - eventually you will start to 'give back'... and you do have stuff to share!

    ReplyDelete